Sunday, September 4, 2011

My International shelf


Just showing off my "international shelf!" Actually I have beautiful things from many countries (Spain, Scotland, Honduras, Guatemala, to name a few!), but here is where my latest gift is! The beautiful scarf is from Turkey, given to me by "my" missionaries from Turkey, Alejandro and Liz Pantoja, just this morning. Alejandro was at our church this morning and gave a beautiful presentation of his newly adopted country of Turkey. And of course it never occurred to me to get a picture of him! Liz and their three little ones weren't able to come and we were disappointed of course. They have two girls Bethany 5 and Damaris 2, and a brand new baby boy - he has a beautiful Bible name, but it's a bit unusual! Sorry, I don't remember it! They will return to Turkey on September 18th. Our ladies put together a gift of two outfits and The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes (in Spanish of course!) for the new baby. And I sneaked in some little gifts for the girls (books, puppets and two fun pens)!

The plate on the left is from Spain and the picture doesn't do it justice - it's beautful! The rest of the items are Mexican.


And don't forget the beautiful clock that is hanging above my "international shelf." When we visited Yellowstone quite a number of years ago, I told Ken I wanted just a "small" remembrance of our trip. This is what he came up with! He never did things in a "small" way! But I've dragged it everywhere and still enjoy it. Good memories!!






No comments: