Thursday, January 12, 2012

Becky

Yesterday was spent in Mexico City, seeing my sister in law Becky off to Colombia, South America. Her husband and my brother, Lee, went to heaven last May on Mother's Day. And last night around midnight, if all went will with the flight, Becky arrived in Bogota, Colombia, to begin serving the Lord there for a few years. What a special time we had!


 Hermanas - sisters. We're "in law" sisters, but feel as close as "blood" sisters!


Natalia (Eli's daughter), Felix (Carmen's son), Carlos (Eli's husband) and Eli with Becky.
You pronounce Eli as Ailee. She's a delightful lady - she and I were in grade school together - a long time ago! Even though she's a little older than I am, we graduated from 7th grade the same year. I've known her a very long time!


Eli's husband Carlos is quite a bit older than she is. But I bet you can't guess how YOUNG she is! I was amazed - she looks so good! The chiles en nogada she served us were deliciously wonderful! Poblano chile filled with ground meat, pineapple, apples, pecans, almonds, then covered with a cream and pecan sauce. Normally you sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top, but since there are no pomegranates this time of year, we settled for dried cranberries. Accompanied with rice and tortillas. Delicious!





No comments: