Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reading "Ancient History"

I just finished reading "World's Great Short Stories" which contains such famous authors as Somerset Maugham, Ernest Hemingway, John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, Bret Harte, and a favorite, O. Henry. After reading it, I checked out the year of publication, August 1942! That's before me! Not a whole lot, but enough! There are so many classics that we miss today because we don't read! My hubby Ken had a saying, "You can never, never, never have too many books!" He was so right. I would add, "You can never, never, never READ too many books!"

1 comment:

Stacey said...

hi Beth's Mom! :) I met you in Cuernavaca when we were w/ the McManuses in lang. school... love reading your posts, and especially THIS one! My favorite children's books are all "ancient history"! Your husband was a very wise man...Never can we have too many books! :)