Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tamales anyone?


Last night the ladies of the prayer group celebrated with tamales! And what were we celebrating? First a bit of explanation. At New Year's we traditionally eat the "rosca", which is a wonderful sweet bread, in which are hidden tiny plastic dolls. The person or persons who get a doll have to bring the tamales for the February 2nd celebration. We had to postpone our "February 2nd" celebration until last night, but that didn't matter! During the day several ladies got together and made them. Some were normal corn husk tamales - both sweet and chile. The very best ones were tiny round ones, wrapped in spinach. They were delicious! I ate two, as well as a chile one. It can't get any better than this! I got a few pictures. I gave the camera to Yadhira and she caught me at my most unflattering moments, but at least you know I was there and ENJOYING those tamales!

No comments: