Friday, July 11, 2008

More on Kids' Clubs

So what does a flat tire have to do with clubs?? Well, the roads are terrible right now, partly because of the rains, partly for other reasons, and I managed to hit a big pothole pretty hard one day. It ruined the tire, the team gals I was taking to club helped change the tire until a very nice young man came along and offered to help! I wish I'd gotten his name - what was I thinking?? Now I'm the proud owner of four new tires - I needed them, so am thankful I could get them right now.
Our Misioneros de Verano (Summer missionaries) did a fabulous job. Here is Benjamin teaching the Bible verse to the kiddos. He's a very enthusiastic and bubbly 16. I enjoyed getting to know him and seeing him at work! Andrea (seated in front in the pink) is 15 and equally bubbly and enthusiastic.
Here's the third Misionero de Verano, Nallely, helping the kiddos with their craft. She's 22, and is doing Misioneros de Verano for the second year. What a great job she did! How many kids in the U.S., do you think, would be willing to sit on the hard cement floor and do their crafts?? I bet not many! These kids didn't even think twice when we told them to sit on the floor and get to work!
Our team from Frisco brought some very fun crafts for the kids. In fact, some that are left over MIGHT get used with our WOMEN and YOUNG PEOPLE! The kids at Kids' Club, LOVED them and, on the last day, wrote notes to thank us for coming and giving them such a good time! Very sweet, messy, misspelled notes that we'll treasure!

No comments: