Saturday, October 11, 2008

All Sams stores are the same, right?

WRONG! Here in Mexico, you will see lots of Kinder candy on the shelves. They may have those in the States, but I haven't seen them. They're a luscious chocolate egg that is hollow and has a little prize in the middle.

And of course you see LOTS of chile candies on the shelves! Here we have EXTREME chile suckers! The package says Xtreme, pica mix! The kids love it - I say NO THANKS! I'll take my chile in my salsa, thank you!

These are tamarindo (tamarind) flavored balls complete with salt, sugar and chile! Sound yummy?

Yep! More chile. These can be sucked on and out comes a luscious (??) glob of tamarind, chile and salt! It's amazing that children who "can't" eat hot food, thrive on these candies! And, believe me, they're hotter than most of our hot food!

And we must not forget the Pan de Muertos (literally Bread of the Dead!). And this IS delicious, at least I think so! This is the only time of the year that it's sold, because the Day of the Dead will be here soon - Oct. 31-Nov. 2nd. Actually, it's three days! I'll write more about those when the time gets closer. I've known some Christians who won't buy Pan de Muertos, because of what it signifies, but hey! It's really very good! And can't hurt you - just like those folks in the cemetery can't hurt you!

1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

Thanks for all the pictures - I'll take a PelonPelo Rico, please!