Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cool Whip!

This morning as I was enjoying delicious Swedish pancakes covered with strawberries and COOL WHIP, I thought of some of the COOL stuff we can't get here and kind of miss! Cool Whip is one of them - speaking editorially. I personally don't MISS it - I love the "real" cream you can buy here and whip up, but many of my team members DO MISS COOL WHIP! One day, while Bethie and I were at the grocery store, we spied COOL WHIP! And it was even reasonable, which is kind of unusual! So, we bought one. But when we got home and told Alan about it, he went back and bought ALL the rest of them! We may not see them again for a long time, after all! Other things we "miss"? Chocolate chips (we load up when returning from the U.S.), certain vitamins, my Tom's toothpaste!, I'm sure there are others, but for myself, I love being here and enjoying the MEXICAN goodies like fresh orange juice, fresh "green" juice (you don't wanna know what they put in it!), tamales, tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, I could go on and on, you know!

3 comments:

Kristen's Raw said...

Green Juice! I love it... what was in yours?

Cheers,
Kristen

Beth Hanna said...

Pineapple, orange, nopal, celery and parsley. First sip is definitely a wake up sip!

Betty Jr. said...

I still remember the delicious enchiladas we enjoyed while we were there this summer! I'm sorry that we missed the tamales :(av