Sunday, November 2, 2008

More pictures of the Women's Conference

Before I left Tasquillo, the ladies gave me this beautiful hand made pillow! It's now gracing my bed and I treasure it! The handwork here in Mexico is amazing!

There were at least a dozen men who cooked, served, washed dishes and basically made the meals run smoothly and deliciously! They were true servants and blessed us!

Lunchtime! The meals were very simple. Shredded chicken in tomato sauce and rice for lunch, the same chicken and enfrijoladas for supper (those are tortillas folded over stuffed with and covered with mashed beans - delicious! Chilaquiles and atole (a hot oatmeal drink) for breakfast, huevos al albaƱil for lunch (scrambled eggs in a bowl of tomato sauce - very yummy!). Of course all meals were accompanied by all the tortillas you could possibly want, black beans and homemade (and delicious!) hot sauce. No desserts! To satisfy my sweet tooth, I had to buy a Snickers at the little store they had set up with all kinds of snacks!

Aren't they sweet? This lady had just wrapped her baby up in her shawl and willingly let me snap a picture! The gals at the conference ranged from Indian gals from WAY up in the mountains, to very modern young girls in tight jeans and T-shirts! And the fellowship was very sweet!

No comments: