Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mujeres Privilegiadas

There are a good number of privileged women in our church (that's women who are alone for whatever reason!), but only three of us got together last Friday and visited Vicky and her dad. Vicky and her dad Victor don't get out to church much because it's hard for Victor to get out at age 88, especially by bus, since they don't have a car. We made yarn angels, sang favorites and drank Vicky's delicious Christmas punch.

Ivonne, Vicky, Imelda and Victor

We exchanged gifts - which were all mugs. Vicky gave me a beautiful red flowered one. I gave one to Imelda that was filled with Snickers (my favorite!).

But that's not the END of the story! Saturday evening while Ivonne and I were at the appreciation dinner (that'll be my next blog!), she got a message on her cell saying four ladies were at the literature office waiting for us to go to Vicky's house! They just got the wrong day! Small detail We were in Salamanca (1 1/2 hours away), so couldn't do anything about it! I guess - I hope - these gals will listen more carefully next time a get together is announced!

No comments: