Sunday, January 11, 2009

Guanajuato

"A day without chile is like a day without sun!" So true! Don't you agree?? This MIGHT have a double meaning because Sol is also the name of a beer here in Mexico, but I'll go with the first meaning - the SUN!

Here's Sarah on the overlook at Guanajuato. Yesterday 9 of us headed for a fun day in this incredible, fun city. Seven of us insisted on seeing the famous Guanajuato mummies and two of us warned the other seven that they likely would regret it. Their comments (among others) when they came out of the museum, "We won't do THAT again!" Many years ago my family went to see them, and NONE of us will do THAT again! Ever! Sarah got a couple pictures of a couple of the mummies, but I won't show them - don't want you to have nightmares tonight!

Here we are riding the tram up the mountain to the Pipila, a famous statue in Guanajuato. And I'm even smiling! Ha! Trams aren't my favorite thing in life!


University of Guanajuato

1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

Too bad they didn't have "La comida sin chile es como un beso sin bigote". I would buy one like that!