Thursday, March 12, 2009

A visit with Carmen and Felix

Esquites! That was our late evening snack while I was with Carmen, my Mexican sister, and his son Felix, in Mexico City. It is corn (field corn of course!) cooked with epazote (something leafy, I don't know what that is in English), served with mayonnaise, grated cheese, salt, lemon. I always say "Hold the mayo and cheese!" Delicious!

Maracuya sherbet anyone? This is my absolute favorite flavor. In English? I have no idea! Some kind of fruit that is LUSCIOUS!

I thought I was the only one who took fuzzy pictures! Carmen and me with the wolf fountain behind us. It's a beautiful spot.

Carmen and Felix. Those who know Felix, has he gained any weight lately?? He keeps saying he's gotta lose weight, then serves himself some more chicken and mole!

This is an interesting park in Coyoacan, southern Mexico City. We were there on a Monday, so it was pretty empty, but on weekends, it's packed.

2 comments:

Baxter Family said...

Hi Aunt Beth, Next time you see Carmen and Felix please give them my love! :0) It looks like you had a lot of fun with them! It's fun getting to see your blog, and keep up to date with it.
Love you,
Judes

Beth Hanna said...

Yep, had fun! I love being with them! And I'll be glad to greet them! We did talk about your family while there - they love you guys!