Friday, July 17, 2009

"Humble" shopping malls




Yesterday in Mexico City, we went to three malls looking for ice cream. And these weren't just any malls! They were LUXURY, incredible malls! Of course I didn't think "camera" until the third one, which you see above! It was a paper factory, probably the biggest in Mexico City, because it went down "under" and became an incredible and HUGE mall! Someone with A LOT of money designed it, that was obvious! I told Felix that next time I go to the city, I'll stay longer and we needed to explore it a bit! We didn't find ice cream here, we found it at a "small" mall where the stores were the kind we just LOOK at, don't usually go in! But we did go into one store that sold all sorts of imported items from all over the world and yes, they had Hagen Daz ice cream! For a big price!

For those who think Mexico is just a backward cactus-growing country, y'all come! I'll show you LUXURY and HIGH CLASS!! Felix' car was probably one of the oldest ones that drove into these malls - it's a 10 year old. The rest were either latest models or awfully close! Very interesting experience for me!

No comments: