Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, Lord show me your will (rough translation)

I found the most beautiful poem - and hymn - when singing through the hymnal "Celebremos su gloria". Only problem for some of you out there - it´s in Spanish! I know it´s an English hymn as well, but I have no idea what it´s called or where to find it. I don´t have any English hymnbooks at my house, sorry! No need for them! When we gather as women to sing, I usually choose this song - it´s page 403 if you´re interested! The words are even more beautiful than the words in my opinion!

I wasn´t going to upload this since it´s in español, but my daughter Bethie said, "Why not? Upload it anyway!" So I did!


Oh Dios, revélame tu voluntad

Letra: Benjamin M Ramsey 1919, trad. y adapt. Estela Z. Sharpin

Música: Lowell Mason, 1856


Oh Dios, revélame tu voluntad;

la senda hazme ver con claridad

Por donde debo andar,

qué pasos he de dar,

para poder gozar tu voluntad.


Imprime en mí, Señor, tu voluntad;

pon en mi corazón seguridad.

Tu voz anhelo oír

haciéndome sentir el ansia

de cumplir tu voluntad.


He de aceptar, Señor, tu voluntad

en tiempos de dolor y adversidad;

En medio de aflicción,

en prueba y tentación,

que sea mi porción tu voluntad.

Quiero probar, Señor, tu voluntad,

y el gran poder sentir de tu verdad.


Por fe deseo andar,

tu plenitud tomar,

y en todo tiempo amar tu voluntad.

Cúmplase en mí, Señor, tu voluntad;

confío en tu poder y gran bondad.


Rindo mi ser a ti,

que viva Cristo en mí;

he de cumplir así tu voluntad.

Amén.







No comments: