Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Hello Michigan!

This past week Kris, Elia, Josie, Mikey, Del and I headed for Traverse City, MI! What a fun week. But it wasn't all play for me! First Sunday I spoke in Sunday School at East Bay Calvary Church, Tuesday was Hearts4God (women's Bible study), Wednesday was AWANA where the kiddos joined me and had a blast, Thursday was a luncheon at Bible Baptist and a small group dinner in the evening, Friday my dear friend Deb Downey magically turned into a civil war nurse and showed us so many interesting things about nursing duties during those dark days. Saturday evening I held an open house for anyone and everyone. Mostly family came and it was super fun to see everyone. And in between? Visits to Great Gram Hanna (my mother in law), meals at a Thai restaurant, a Mediterranean restaurant (we don't do the common "kid" restaurants - we do exotic!), a fun tea party with cousins. Lots of "resale" shopping with sister in law Betty Jo, and we've got to mention that wonderful hot tub on Ed and Betty's back deck! And those wonderful trees to climb and build fairy houses under! Oh, and don't forget the HUGE jars of pickles Uncle Ed bought for the kiddos! He will forever be known as the pickle uncle! Needless to say, it was an unforgettable and memorable week!I have so many pictures to share - a hundred at least! But here are just a few!

I thought I uploaded a dozen or more pictures, but they're lost in cyberspace I guess. And since it's late, I'll try again tomorrow! So check in with us tomorrow for more exciting pictures of adventures in Michigan!


And how could we forget Sherman's?? Heading up to Michigan on I-196, Exit 20 (Phoenix), we stopped in at Sherman's and each got a BABY cone! You can see how little the BABY cones are! Mikey and Del couldn't finish theirs. The rest of us did justice to ours! Delicious ice cream - when you're in the area, check it out. You won't be sorry!











After we got home from this fun excursion, we found a dozen or so cherry pits in Mikey's shoes!







It was COLD, but the water was 104, so we were toasty warm!

No comments: