Friday, March 2, 2012

AND SUDDENLY IT'S SUMMER

It's definitely summer here in San Juan del Rio - as of a couple days ago! You'd think I'd get used to it going from winter to summer overnight, but I never do! Three days ago I was wearing three layers (especially at the REFRIGERATOR office where I work) and today I'm wearing T-shirt and pedal pushers (or whatever you call them), two nights ago I was snuggled under a thick wooly Mexican blanket and a thick comforter and last night I threw both of them off. I'm not complaining, understand! This hot weather is great! We get pretty warm walking though. But I make sure to walk on the "hombra" (sombra in Nicaraguan) side of the street instead on the "hol" (sol in Nicaraguan) side. Works pretty good, except between 12 and 3 when the "hol" is everywhere!

Am enjoying this beautiful weather and I hope wherever you are, it's nice weather too!



No comments: