Sunday, March 18, 2012

CUNERO CLASS OVERFLOW

At my church each month a different person is in charge of the Cunero Class. That is the class for 0-5 year olds that meets while someone is up front preaching. We meet in a small room off to the side of the "sanctuary" - our church is very rustic, so I use that word loosely! (Cuna means crib and stands for the very little kiddos.)

Today there were 16 wigglers in my class.The small room suddenly became smaller!! 4 of them were OVER 5, but that's beside the point - I really, really can't chase them out - especially if they're visitors! Yolanda helps me and is wonderful with the very little ones while I try to teach. Teen ager Briana is supposed to be my helper, but doesn't do a lot, although she's good with the kids when it comes to the handwork time.

Class was short and sweet, then we did handwork - my "handwork" is a page to color! It has the subject of the lesson, plus the verse we're learning this month. That's my BEST handwork, trust me! The kids seem to enjoy it, so guess I'll keep doing it! Then we have animal crackers and juice - they of course love that! The little ones meantime, are playing with Play Dough with Yolanda, making a huge mess. Ah well!

Tell the truth, we had fun this morning! The kids are SOOOOOO cute! One more week, then it's someone else's turn!





No comments: