Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A FISH STORY

I found some "kid" poems the other day and they´re SO FUN!! It´s summer, after all, time to PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!! And create, of course!


A FISH STORY

I had a piece of twine,

a favorite of mine.

I tied it to a big long stick

and made a fishing line.

I almost caught a trout,

I couldn’t pull it out.

It fought so hard it got away,

and I began to pout.

That fish he took my line,

the one I made so fine.

He ate it up and then declared,

“I like the taste of twine!”

By Kate Costanzo, age 10


Here´s another one that I like even more!!


ONE DAY

One day I went a walkin’ and found a piece of twine,

I sold it to a restaurant and they gave me some wine.

One day I went a talkin’ and found a piece of rope,

I sold it to a bishop who let me meet the pope.

One day I went a joggin´; and found a piece of string,

I sold it to a jeweler and he gave me a ring.

One day I went a loggin’ and found a piece of yarn,

I sold it to a farmer and he gave me his barn.

By Claire O’Neill, age 9


What will kids think of next??

No comments: