Monday, October 8, 2012

Reading: The BEST pasttime!


I've always got a book handy. Well, almost always. The other day I headed to Queretaro on the bus and forgot to take a book! Bummer! But it's only a 40 minute ride, so that was OK! The Man Who Came for Christmas was a thriller. Yikes! I didn't put it down from start to finish. "It is Christmas Eve in Santa Fe. But among the revelers on snow-blanketed Canyon Road, a decidedly unholy scene is taking place. A desperate Agent Paul Kagan, dressed all in black, feverishly seeks refuge for himself and the squirming bundle he holds tightly against his chest, a baby who has the power to change the course of global events." And it gets much more exciting from then on! Check it out!


The Quilter's Apprentice is a totally and completely different genre. Quilting? It made me feel guilty about my slap stick way of making quilts! It also got me energized to finish up the lap quilt that I'll use this winter at the office - it gets COOOOLD in there! It came out great - the subject of this book wouldn't think so, but I like it, and that's what matters! Anyway, it's a fun read - I tried to guess the ending and got part of it right, the other part was a bit of a surprise!


No comments: