Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Here I am in Pennsylvania

I flew into Philadelphia on April 25th and have enjoyed getting better acquainted with my kids and grandkids here in Glenmoore. Sunday was a great experience at their church as Jeff preached. Yesterday we all went to Shady Maple - an amazing smorgasbord with enough food for a couple armies! We didn't eat it all, but made good progress! As anyone from PA knows, Pennsylvania is beautiful, especially this time of year. I'm enjoying the spring flowers, but am still waiting for the warm weather! Good thing I bought those two sweaters while in Chesterton!

News from San Juan is that several ladies want to start an in-depth Bible study for the women and are trying to find a day when everyone - or most everyone - can attend. I'm excited that they came up with this idea "on their own"! I've been praying for months that something like this would happen! So, when I return to Mexico May 19th, we'll get together and plan out our study, time, and strategy!

Last I counted, we will have five teams down this summer to do ministry! It's exciting to have these folks join us and be a very special part of what we're doing! I will have to hit the ground running when I return to get caught up on all the activities of preparing for them to come. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my time here with Jeff, Kim, Jeffery, Jesse, Austin, Raquel, Victoria, Calvin, Clara, Quincy and Ada!

No comments: