Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Winter yesterday, summer today

Here in San Juan del Rio we don't go gently from winter, to spring to summer. No,no. One day it's winter (well, low 40's at night, 60's during the day - that's pretty winter, I guess) and the next day it's 89 degrees warm. My apartment upstairs from Alan and Beth's house has a skylight, which is real pretty and offers a lot of light, but during these summer days, it's HOT up here! So, Bethie and Cameron climbed up on the roof and put up a blue tarp, tying it down good, so it won't blow away. That helps keep the hot sun out for the summer, but also darkens my house considerably. But, if I were to choose: Dark or HOT, I'll take dark! I can always turn on the light! Thank you, Bethie and Cameron. Of course, they don't JUST do it for me - this also helps keep Cameron and Dayton's room, which is at the bottom of my stairs, cooler as well! Only one fan needed in their room now, not three! It could be worse. I could be in Nicaragua where there's no fan (since there's no electricity!!), no A/C, and 89 degrees is actually cool!


No comments: