Wednesday, November 17, 2010

EXPECTATIONS

I've been reflecting recently on my expectations. We all have them. Some of my expectations, I've had to put aside - some died a slow death, others died instantly. And I've had to deal with that, hopefully in a positive way! But there are some expectations that will never fail us, and those are the expectations we have of our God. At least I HOPE we will always expect the best from Him! My friend Betty put it beautifully:

EXPECTATIONS
By Betty Henry Taylor

Lord, I expect that You
are going to be the same
today as You were
yesterday. The same
God Who fathered
Abraham and Isaac and
Jacob; Who made a
shepherd boy into a
king. Who, through a
maiden, fathered a
King of kings. And, O
dear Lord, I expect
that You are going to
work in and through
my life to the extent
that I open my heart
to You. These things
I expect. May I not
enter this day expecting
anything beyond what
You desire to do.



Isn't God good?

1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

What a good poem, Mom. I really enjoy her book you gave us. I like how straightforward but deep they are. Love you!