Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Weight of Silence




I'm reading again! When I travel, it's hard to spend much time reading - there's too much other fun stuff to do! But now that I'm home... Although there seems to be plenty to do here. As soon as I finish this post, I'll dig into ObreroFiel and work for an hour before my morning walk with Peanut! But I still take time to read!

The Weight of Silence is one of the saddest books I've read for awhile. It's the "tense and profoundly emotional story of a parent's worst nightmare, told with compassion and honesty." One commentator said, "Heather Gudenkauf masterfully explores the intricate dynamics of families, and the power that silence and secrets hold on them. When you begin the book, be sure you have the time to finish it because, like me, you will have to read straight through to its bittersweet conclusion." I DID manage to put it down before finishing it - after all, life has to go on around here! But it wasn't easy!

No comments: