Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Want You Here With Me

I´m visiting my children Ken and Esmeralda and their three little girlies. Now, any of you have little girlies - or little boys - you know that they get up early! And since I sleep in the same room with all three, it´s hard to get up before them and find a quiet spot to spent time with Jesus! But the last two mornings, I´ve managed it! Yahoo! It´s nice that the last couple mornings they´ve slept in til 8 AM too! That´s a HUGE help! First, around 7;15 I hear Eden (18 months) squirming, because she´s cold, so I get up, cover her, then quick leave the room! I head for the quiet living room and read my Bible and pray - for at least 15 minutes, sometimes even more!

I found a great poem about spending time with Jesus. It´s by one of my favorite singers, Keith Green! I still have a number of poems by him, so for the next few weeks, you might be getting more of a taste of Keith Green! Which is always good!

I don´t remember if I already shared this poem. It´s very convicting to me, so even if I have, it´s always a good reminder, to me, more than to anyone else!

I Want You Here with Me
By Keith Green

I want you here with Me,
But you've been keeping other company.
You can't sit still!
It's plain to see, you love the world
And you're avoiding Me.

My Word sits there upon your desk,
But you love your books and magazines the best.
You prefer the light of your TV
You love the world
And you're avoiding Me.

You used to pray. You were so brave.
And now you can't even keep
One appointment we've made.
Oh, I gave my blood to save your life
Tell me, tell me, is it right?
Will you leave Me
Alone again tonight?






1 comment:

Beth said...

You can always keep the Keith Green coming. Thank you!