Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dreams

I found this cool little poem that is just what I´m thinking - dreaming! I have lots of dreams of "stuff" I want to do before I head to heaven! So, even though some of those dreams seem outrageous and unlikely to happen, I dream on! What?? You say you want to hear what some of them are? Are you sure? OK, here´s a couple!

I dream of taking a trip to England and Scotland. I have a sweet friend in England who I´d love, love, love to visit. And, well, what fun to see one of the countries my ancestors came from - that´s Scotland! Maybe England too, I don´t know for sure! I dream of traveling to LOTS of places: Europe, Singapore to visit special friends, Central America (how about a grand tour??), Peru to visit a cousin, Colombia to visit a sister in law, Israel to see and walk where Jesus walked - and I could go on!

And I dream of getting my big family together - sometime, somehow - that´s one of the outrageous, unlikely to happen dreams, but I dream on! I do research on places we could meet. I wish I could just pay for it all, so, even though none of my kids have the funds to do this, I could make it happen. But, in the end, I have to just wait and see what happens, even though people tell me I need to plan and MAKE it happen. It isn´t that easy! So, what I CAN do is get PART of my family together. I fly one family from Chicago to El Paso to spend a few days with siblings and cousins. I fly one family from El Paso to Chicago for the same reason! I wish I had a million bucks, but I don´t so why wish?? But I AM spending my kids´ inheritance to spend time together! Might as well enjoy it while I´m here, right?

So, I dream on!


Dreams

By Langston Hughes


Hold fast to dreams

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird

That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams

For when dreams go

Life is a barren field

Frozen with snow.



No comments: