Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What I've learned - or relearned - from Corrie ten Boom


I just finished reading Life Lessons from Corrie ten Boom and enjoyed every second of it! Here are some things I've learned - or relearned from this great lady!
1. Even famous and seemingly "perfect" people have to learn and relearn to forgive.
2. The love of Christ is stronger than any other power on earth.
3. It's amazing to see how my early life and family had an influence on what I am today.
4. Even with her sense of humor and graciousness, Corrie was the first to admit that she wasn't always Miss Nice - something I learn every day about myself!
5. Families can live happily with three generations in one crowded house - Two or three aunts lived with Corrie's family throughout her childhood.
6. If Corrie can keep trampin' for the Lord into her 80's, why not me??

And I could go on! Look for this book, read it, and enjoy! Thanks Amanda, for loaning it to me!

No comments: