Sunday, June 14, 2009

Communion

Different churches do communion different. Ours is definitely different. Those beautiful little communion cups that "most" churches use? Well, I'm sure they're available somewhere here in Mexico, but San Juan isn't one of those places! So, we buy little cups at the market, seen above - about 3 M&Ms would fit in the cup. We do have a communion set and use it, all except for the piece for the cups to fit into, because these cups don't fit! And today the "bread" was little crackers, shaped like little canoes, sometimes we have broken crackers, bread, etc. Whatever the person in charge that month was able to get.

And the "wine". No, we don't use real wine. Today we used Delaware Punch! I couldn't find grape juice at the last minute (why do I always wait till the last minute???), so Delaware worked great. It poured really nice - I might use it again when my next turn comes around in about 10 months!


I of course didn't think to take a picture of the communion table, but it shows up here. See the Delaware Punch? I put out extra cups and the Delaware in case we ran out, which we didn't today. I let Odalis and Alejandro, two of the cutest kids in our church, take home the leftover Delaware Punch! They were glad to help me out!

I actually took this picture of our great worship team - they all do such a great job! Today there were no guitars, just our faithful electronic "Gloria."

No comments: