Tuesday, June 9, 2009

PUEBLA

Last weekend I flew from Puerto Vallarta to Puebla. That in itself was quite an adventure! Puebla brought back many wonderful memories of our years living there. I stayed with Lupita Amescua and her daughter Maritha (pronounced Marita) and from my window this is what I saw! The beautiful mountains of Puebla! Popocatepetl - or Popo - and...



Ixtaccihuatl - or Ictzi - - or the Sleeping Lady - I don't know if I spelled it right, but you'll never know, will you??

I do miss those snowcapped mountains - there's nothing like them here in San Juan!


One evening after the Cena de Gala at the seminary celebration, my hostess offered to take a gal home to Cholula. This picture is of the church which is on top of a pyramid. For those who have seen it, it's a beautiful sight - this picture doesn't even do it 1% of justice! I had never before been to Cholula at night . It is a university town and every bar and disco was open and alive and LOUD, young people walking all over the streets ignoring the cars. Even though my hostess is a young person herself (well, 35 is young isn't it??), she didn't enjoy the drive at all! But the lights of the city were beautiful in spite of the obnoxious human traffic.

No comments: