Wednesday, December 1, 2010

POETRY WEDNESDAY

It seems not a day, not an hour, goes by that we don't hear of someone else in great need, physically, emotionally, spiritually. And sometimes we don't have the time or the energy to reach out to them. That's why this poem is a great reminder, that no matter what, I need to reach out. Whether I FEEL like it or not. After all, look how God has reached out to me, and continues reaching out to me. Can I do less?

RIGHT WHERE WE LIVE

By Connie Campbell Bratcher

Grieving souls needs comfort and care.
Those who are lonely need someone there.
The brokenhearted could use a friend
To lean on as they heal and mend.
Little children need lots of love,
And training in the ways of the Father above.
Souls that are searching need to know the way
To our Lord and Saviour who lives today,
Ready to forgive and set men free
Regardless of what their sins may be.
So many needs in our world around,
Help us, Lord, to always be found
Reaching out, a helping hand to give,
Making a difference right where we live.

2 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

It's easy to ignore things because it's JUST TOO MUCH, but you are right, Mom. We can't.
Good poem.

Beth said...

Thank you for the reminder that I must constantly be reaching out to those God places in my path even when it might seem inconvenient or that I have nothing to offer.