Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Pawn

I don´t know where I got this book. It isn't a McManus library book, so I must have picked it up somewhere when in the States.

It is NOT a book for the faint-hearted! Whew! I wasn't sure I could get through it! It is according to Ann Tatlock, author of Every Secret Thing, “a captivating look at the fine line between good and evil. The Pawn is not to be missed.”

“Thrilling, chilling, and impossible to put down. The Pawn will hold you in its iron grip until the very last page.” Very true. Another person, Cecil Murphey, coauthor of 90 Minutes in Heaven, says, “I consider The Pawn the best-written thriller I've read from a Christian publisher.”

It isn't really a “Christian” book in my estimation. It “hints” at “Christian” things, but is mostly about the pursuit of a calculating, ruthless predator. It definitely has a sequel out there, because it ended with a huge hint of it.

I´m not sure I want to read a sequel, but if I find it, I certainly will!



No comments: