Saturday, January 8, 2011

Quilts, quilts, quilts


I don't make beautiful, perfect quilts. I make FUN QUILTS! The past few weeks I've been designing three quilts for three little Hanna granddaughters.

This one I made of many, many little squares, half of them given to me by Esme, the other half what I found in my "material bin." Neither it or the other two have quilting in between because they're meant for HOT EL PASO during the summer! It came out super nice!



The next one is a large piece of material that I added pieces just here 'n there and tied it with lots of different colored thread. It also came out super!



The third one was the craziest, I guess! A large piece of material that we THOUGHT was going to become three little dresses, but, wait! What happened?? Also with pieces all over to give it fun character!


And if you think the FRONT is super, check out the BACK! I bought a sheet for the backing, and this was my choice! I hope whoever uses this quilt is into BRIGHT! Might need dark glasses just to get to sleep! But, hey, it looks SUPER! Super fun!



I don't know which quilt is for whom. Maria, Lluvia and Eden will have to decide, probably with some help from mama and papa! Or maybe they can just share around - each one gets to use one for a week, then we trade! We'll see what happens!

And if they don't like them (as if THAT"S GONNA HAPPEN!), I'll just bring them home and use them myself! They're that fun!

3 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

Those look great, Mom! We can't wait to see them in person.

Unknown said...

I LOVE these, Beth! Now - could you teach me via long-distance?? This is something I so want to do + I'm certainly no perfectionist nor artist to be into super pretty quilts. Yours are lovely!

Beth Hanna said...

I learned by doing! If you're serious, I can give you tips, but you gotta just DO IT! Write me an email and I'll give you some tips.