Sunday, January 30, 2011

Putting God Back in the Holidays


I just finished a fabulous book that I recommend to all of you! It's a great "helps" book - helps for doing something we desperately need in our society today. Let's put GOD back into the holidays we celebrate! My favorite part was - no, I can't tell you, because I loved all of it!

Gotta admit, some of those holidays mentioned don't have a lot of meaning to me - since I grew up south of the border (the U.S. border, that is), and have spent most of my life south of the border, some of the holidays, like Memorial Day, Arbor Day, Veteran's Day and Labor Day weren't really on my radar, but I'm sure they're on yours and need to be remembered for exactly what they are! Celebrations! And we can make them spiritually meaningful for our children and grandchildren, or anyone who surrounds us.

Read it! You'll be inspired! You'll be challenged! Maybe you'll even be rebuked (in a loving way, of course). You'll want to put some - maybe ALL - the suggestions, to use this year. I know I've already got plans for many of them! And Valentine's Day is fast approaching! Here in Mexico, it's MUCH MORE than "just" day for those in love - it's Dia de Amor y Amistad - Day of Love and Friendship. So, go for it. Let's keep Christ in ALL our holidays this year!

No comments: