Saturday, April 16, 2011

Two more






Two more books read in the last while. The first, Look What God is Doing, is the fascinating story of people around the world who have been changed by the Gospel. Sorry I couldn´t find a better image - the actual book has a beautiful cover with pictures of beautiful girls from Africa, somewhere in Asia and somewhere in South America. It is written by Dick Eastman, who is international president of Every Home for Christ. His emphasis in this book is that the written Word of God reaches people in places and ways that we often cannot. It was a wonderful read, hard to put down!






Crossfire, by Jeanette Windle, is fiction, but it feels so real, especially when thinking of all the problems Mexico - and other countries - are living right now. "The drug war in Bolivia is an ongoing drama of real people in a context of greed and addiction, unimaginable wealth and economic hardship, conflicting political ideologies, right and wrong motives - and of occasional simple heroism as well. Crossfire is the story of that drama.

I had finished about half of it when it was time to head for Homeschool Camp, where I was helping prepare yummy meals for the campers. In my spare minutes - and there weren´t many - I kept reading! I promise, I didn´t neglect my duties!! Last night I stayed up late to finsih it, but found that it wasn´t really THAT late - others were up much later - and not even reading - just "visiting, goofing around, playing games, sitting around the campfire" - you know, uninteresting things like that!

It was a fascinating read, from beginning to end - all 617 pages of it!

No comments: