Sunday, August 16, 2009

Two birthday parties in two days!

Yesterday Mary invited me to her birthday dinner. She made the pozole, but her daughters did all the rest: cut the veggies, set the tables, made the jamaica, and cleaned up afterwards! There were 16 of us there, including myself and Tim and Michelle O'Brien who brought along Michelle's 90 year old Grandma. The rest of the guests were Mary's husband, children and 2 grandchildren. What a grand time! The cake was a tres leches (three milks) cake - and delicious!

And today at church we had visitors from Mexico City - about a dozen of them! Stu and Cristina Grewatz had brought several folks from their church to "camp out", complete with tents, here in Santa Cruz Nieto (which is a part of San Juan). Mary invited them to eat with their family - and she invited me too! How could I refuse?? Nacho bought broasted chicken and Mary had fixed macaroni and black beans. Stu sneaked out before we ate and bought a gorgeous - and delicious - cake to help Mary celebrate her birthday again! She was certainly surprised!! There were about 21 of us at this party! What a super time with my "hermanos".

I took some great pictures of the birthday "girl" and her hubby, as well as some of the families who were there, but I think I accidentally deleted them. So be it! Learning experience???

No comments: