Thursday, August 20, 2009

What am I here for???

Do you ever feel like you're floundering? Wondering what in the world is going on? Well, for the past week I've kind of felt that way. Suddenly I had THREE gals that I wanted to share Jesus with, BUT.... Yes, but...

...But when I got to Rosa Maria's house on Tuesday, she wasn't there! And that was after going around the HUGE UNWIELDY San Juan blocks three times to find a parking spot! I called her later and her daughter had invited her for supper and said she was going to keep inviting her so she wouldn't "read" the Bible with me! But Rosa Maria assured me she'd be home next Tuesday! I'll call first.

...But I've found it impossible to get together with my neighbor Estela for over two weeks. I wondered if she was avoiding me. Well, this morning I caught her arriving home from an errand! Yay! She wasn't avoiding me, she has some serious legal problems in her family and has been traveling to Amealco everyday to try to sort them out. (She described them, and YES, they're serious!) She said, "Please pray for me!" Which I assured her I was already doing! "And let's get together for coffee when this is over." I'd even be willing to drink coffee if it meant getting together with her!

...But when I called Rosa Juana to see if she was home yesterday, no answer, all day. So, I didn't go. But then I got thinking, maybe her phone doesn't work - a distinct possibility here in Mexico! So, today I headed to her house. Well, sure enough she wasn't home, and there's a bill stuck in her door, so she's probably been gone a couple days. I'll keep trying!

...God has His reasons for these disappointments. And I'm just waiting on Him!

1 comment:

K & E said...

lots of sugar in that coffee, and you won't even know it's coffee!!!