Sunday, September 13, 2009


I'm disappointed this came out so dark - when I used the flash, it came out totally white, so this will have to do. After eating our DELICIOUS desserts, Mario went and brought us jello! Now, this is not like any U.S. jello you've eaten! It tastes very creamy and it contains pineapple pieces. It was actually very delicious, but I was SO FULL that I just ate half and saved the rest for later - it's now awaiting me in my frig here at home!





The morning worship service was very refreshing with lots of singing and reading of Scripture. It also included a "birthday girl"! She went up front and everyone, literally, went up and gave her a birthday hug! I bet that doesn't happen in many churches north of the border!



Roberto, a young man I've known for many years, preached a beautiful message from 1 Corinthians 15 where it talks about what our bodies will be like when we die or when Jesus returns for us. I heard him preach a number of years ago and can attest to the fact that he's definitely learning and doing a great job!




After the service people crowded around and brought a good number of materials from Ivonne's tables. They certainly love to browse (typical of all people around the world, right?)



There's Roberto again, with his family. I've known his wife Sybil "forever" - well, almost! They have three darling, lively little boys who keep them mighty busy! They invited us to dinner where I enjoyed chicken with mole (mou lay) that was delicious! And the fellowship was even better! Ken and Esme, Sybil said that since you have three girls and they have three boys, maybe you could come to some kind of agreement between your families! What do you think??

No comments: