Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MARRIAGE SEMINAR

Two weekends ago, I attended a Marriage Seminar in Celaya, along with about 7 couples from Abundant Life Bible Church here in San Juan del Rio. It was held in a beautiful "party hall". We were all blessed with the worship time as well as the speaker, Alejandro Jurado. Now, why would I go to a marriage seminar? Because Ivonne, the owner of the literature ministry Jornada Espiritual, didn't have wheels and had no way to take materials to sell! Scott Yingling and I stuffed our cars with literature - and people - so she could take materials. I'm really glad I went - it isn't just the seminar - it's meeting and talking with folks I haven't seen in a long time - the fellowship was very sweet!






The young man playing the guitar was a "young person" way back when Ken and I worked in the Bajio cities in leadership training. I asked my kids if they remembered him. Kris wrote back that she remembers taking a motorcycle ride with him - one of her scarier rides through Celaya! He was a bit crazier in those days than he is now! The guitar used to be Ken's. He gave it to Adrian, seeing in him musicianship as well as leadership potential! It has paid off! When I first spoke with Adrian, he proudly told me that he's still using Ken's guitar! Praise the Lord!






Here's Adrian with his family - his wife's name is Nancy - can you tell?? (Check out her name tag!) Very sweet couple! One little girl, expecting another! He said they want to catch up with Kenny and Esmeralda with girls!! He remembers all my kids and loves to hear about them, as well as see their pictures!





Ivonne had brisk sales during all the breaks! To speed things up, I held the "money box" and made change while she and her son Julio helped people. Thank the Lord, they did well - we even took two empty boxes back to San Juan!

No comments: