Thursday, December 3, 2009

Making baskets is easy, if you know how!

Last Friday evening some of us ladies of the Abundant Life Bible Church gathered to weave baskets! Edith, a very talented young lady, was our teacher. I will never, ever, haggle the price of a basket again! It's A LOT of work to make those baskets - and we just made LITTLE ones! When Edith would work, it looked so easy, but when I worked, NO, not easy! She actually finished the top beautiful weaving of mine - I just couldn't get the hang of it! We had so much fun and later shared delicious yummies that everyone brought along to share! Sunday I took my basket to church to show to the ladies who didn't join us - "Lo que se perdieron!" (what you missed out on!!).





Some of the supplies we needed, plus a big bucket of water and some cutters, a screwdriver and of course the wooden base of the basket.





To work, ladies! Such concentration!




Just to prove that I really DID make my basket - well, most of it! I made it with A LOT of help from Edith!




No comments: