Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carmen Angel Beltran

CARMEN ANGEL BELTRAN
July 16, 1931 - January 18, 2009

A woman of principle, of strong convictions
A woman of loyalty--to family and frineds
A woman of tenacity, courage, spunk--
With a sense of humor.
A woman of encouragement
A woman of faith
The most colorful woman I ever knew:
My dear sister and a true friend to me.

A body that once was strong and straight
Became bent and weakened, but
When I visited her last Saturday,
Her spirit was strong.
However, she did long to go Home.
The Lord granted the desire of her heart.

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His godly ones."
Psalm 116:15

Written by Betty Henry Taylor
Adapted by Beth Hanna


Yes! Her name really was Carmen Angel!! We called her our angel! When I read this beautiful poem, it seemed to be written for Carmen, my dear sister and friend! So, I adapted it! I didn't ask permission of the author - is it OK, Betty? If not, I'll remove it! Thank you for expressing just how I felt - in a beautiful way that I never could!!









2 comments:

dbecker said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you had a chance to see her before she went home. Jesus peace, Dora

Beth Hanna said...

Thank you, Dora. I'm so thankful for God's goodness in letting me spend a little time with CArmen! And I'm so glad she's safe now with the Lord!