Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Prayer

I thought this poem very appropriate for this season. On Easter Sunday the Bible churches of the Bajio (Central Mexico) all join together at Camp Koinonia for an Easter service, and everyone takes their dinner along to share with others. It's a beautiful time of remembering what Jesus did for us on the cross and how He rose again for our redemption!




EASTER PRAYER
By Betty Henry Taylor

O Lord, grant to me, I pray
a fresh new look at Who You are.
Let me see the nail
prints in your Hands . . .
The scars upon your brow,
remembering the anguish
pouring from your soul
as You bled and died for me.

But, O dear Lord, please
take me past the Cross and Tomb
to glorious Resurrection morn--
beyond the grief and scorn--
to where You rose for me,
that I may know with You
new Life fulfilled and free. . .

Free of condemnation,
since You took it
and nailed it to a tree;
conquering its power
to slay or conquer me.
Because You died I live;
because You rose I give
my ransomed life to You!





1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

Almost posted this one. I'm glad you did!