Thursday, March 25, 2010

Visiting is an INTERESTING experience

M and I visited C who has missed church for a couple weeks. Well, it turns out that C has shingles! As we were talking, she said she had no idea how she got them, so I explained about the chicken pox and how when you've had them, eventually you may develop shingles when you get older. "But I've never had chicken pox, only measles." I told her how I THOUGHT I hadn't had them either, but apparently had a light case, because I had shingles some years ago while we were living in Chesterton, IN. She still couldn't understand it.

Later in the conversation, C again wondered how and why she got this weird, awful sickness. So, M explained that it's been pretty windy and dusty lately and she probably got it that way. Go figure!

So much for "doctorally" correct explanations! Why don't I keep my mouth shut???

No comments: