Thursday, May 6, 2010

Torches of Joy


I just finished another exciting book, and this one is a REAL LIFE book! Torches of Joy by John Dekker is the story of John and Helen Dekker's trials and triumphs as they took the Gospel to the Dani people of Irian Jaya. Probably no other tribal people in history have embraced so much change with such great enthusiasm in so short a time. It's a wonderful story, one I could hardly put down till I finished it.

And if the name Dekker sounds familiar, yes John and Helen's son Theo (Ted) Dekker writes exciting books as well. Maybe you're familiar with some of them: Blink, Black, Adam, Infidel, Sinner, Skin, and I could go on! I've only gotten as far as Adam, but according to Bethie, they're all fantastic and page turners! Check out these two authors!

No comments: