Sunday, August 1, 2010


Around 2:30 a young man showed up with his originally created "grill" and served us the most luscious tacos! Almost as good at Nishan's that we used to enjoy in Queretaro - almost!




Rosy, Ivonne and Talía. It´s the only picture I got of Talía - we call her Tali. She´s in the middle enjoying a taco. She´s a special gal. This morning she was at church, sitting next to Julio Jhaid, Ivonne´s 28 year old son. He introduced her first as a gal from Puebla who helped with the counseling at camp this summer and he ended with, "and she´s my novia (not just girlfriend, no quite engaged, but awful close!) Everyone in church let out a collective happy sigh! We´re so happy to see Julio with a special gal! She´s really sweet and we enjoyed getting to know her.




The water´s great! No chlorine, no lifeguards, just clean running, WARM water! I enjoyed getting in before the rest of the folks had come. The party started at 11 AM. I arrived at 12:15 and the only ones there were Cristian, his mom, his grandma and an aunt and uncle of his! So, we swam without any noisy ballgames for a good hour!

Today I´m very red! Of course I forgot the sunscreen! I´m thankful for Aloe and am slathering it on pretty heavy for a few days!




Tacos anyone?? He also made ¨gringas¨for those who requested them. First he´d put a handful of cheese on the grill, then place a flour tortilla on top, cook awhile, scrape it off the grill onto your plate and presto: a gringa! The green salsa was WOW! HOT! I found that out after slathering a bunch on my tacos! But it was also WOW! GOOD!




We won´t tell how many tacos Cameron ate! He had his share (and then some!) that´s for sure! It was hard to stop eating, they were so good!

Happy birthday, Juan, Nayelly and Cristian!!




1 comment:

Alan & Beth McManus said...

Cameron only stopped eating because I told him not to be a pig. Then, when there was leftover meat, I felt bad. =)