Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A RIDDLE

How about a riddle/poem today? I just read A String in the Harp by Nancy Bond and loved the riddle that was included in the story.

In the Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, it says, about A String in the Harp, that it ..."deftly blends fantasy and realism." It also weaves a beautiful tale of family relationships."

I'm not a great lover of fantasy books, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book! And here's your riddle:


Guess Who It Is

Created before the flood.
A creature strong.
Without flesh, without bone.
Without veins, without blood,
Without head, and without feet.
It will not be older, it will not be younger
Than it was in the beginning.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And it is as wide
As the face of the earth,
And it was not born,
And it has not been seen.
It, on sea, it, on land,
It sees not, it is not seen.



So, what is it? I'll see if I can find the answer, and let you know tomorrow.