Thursday, October 7, 2010

Poetry Wednesday??

It´s not Wednesday. It´s Thursday, right? Well, I just have to add my poem today, because yesterday was a FULL day and I didn´t have a chance! At 5 AM my sister and I were heading out the door for the airport in San Antonio. At 7:30 I was flying to Dallas. Then on to Philadelphia, PA, where my daughter Kim met me, and now I´m in Glenmoore, PA with Jeff, Kim, Jeffery, Jesse, Austin, Raquel, Victoria, Calvin, Clara, Quincy and Ada! Whew! I think I got them all!

This poem is written with a toddler in mind, but I think it should apply to parents and children of all ages!!

The Play´s the Thing
by Jayne Jaudon Ferrer

Forgive me, Lord,
for all the tasks
that went undone today.
But this morning when my child
toddled in and said, "Mommy play?"
I simply had to say yes.
And between the puzzles and trucks
and blocks and dolls and old hats and
books an giggles,
we shared a thousand special thoughts,
a hundred hopes and dreams and hugs.
And tonight when prayer time came
and he folded his hands and softly whispered,
"Thank you, God, for Mommy and Daddy and
toys and French fries, but 'specially
for Mommy playing,"
I knew it was a day well wasted.
And I knew you'd understand.


Great poem, huh??

3 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

A good reminder, Mom. I'm looking around my house and it is a pit. But we have done nothing but "play" all week, so I suppose I got plenty done.

Beth Hanna said...

You definitely got LOTS done!

Beth said...

Thank you for this. It is a good reminder in my constant struggle for balance. Also you were so close to us here in Davenport, IA. I am glad you enjoyed your trip! Peace and blessings to you this day.