Thursday, May 26, 2011

Eli and God's Whisper



I finished two books - not necessarily simultaneously, but close.

God's Whisper in a Mother's Chaos is written for young mothers, but is good for all of us. "We know we need God in this time (when mothering small children) more than any other. We need God's wisdom, guidance, and, most of all, His peace. We need to find ways to hear that still, small voice in the whirlwind of life. Keri Kent offers down-to-earth ideas to help us along the way."

A very good book, for all you young mothers. If you can't find it, I'll lend it to you! (Or should I ask the librarian in my house first??)

Eli was a fictional story of what it might have been like if Jesus had come in a modern setting. Fascinating! Crazy, but fascinating! At first I thought I wouldn't finish the book, but then I couldn't put it down till the last page was read! It's an "intense and thought-provoking novel." And besides, lots of fun to read, you always wonder what's going to happen next, even though you know the old, old story!

No comments: