Wednesday, May 11, 2011

HEAVEN

Two of my dearest friends in the world, Art and Marita, sent me this poem last night. It's so beautiful and so true. Thank you, Art and Marita. What an encouragement you are in my life! I don't see you often, but I love you dearly!

In Memory of Husband, Father, Grandfather and Brother

Lee Phillips

Death is God carrying us

in one of His arms

While the other flings aside

Heaven’s door

To welcome us to the

blazing hearth of home

While those inside,

having arrived long before us,

Rush to the door

Like glad children, shouting,

“He’s here”!

Death has a bad name on earth

But in heaven it’s a

HOME COMING PARTY,

Every time the door opens.






1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

I like the image of Death flinging open the door to heaven. Lee is having a big family reunion now, isn't he?

Love you, Mom.