Saturday, June 19, 2010

Go Mexico! . . . and Brazil! . . . And Uruguay! . . . And South Africa! . . .



The World Cup is in full swing. And no, I'm not a huge fan, so I haven't been glued to the TV these days! But 3/4 of Mexico is! Everywhere I go, there are TV's blaring the exciting games.

The first night of the FIRST game, my doorbell rang and about 15 people filed through my door - YES! To watch the game! We have cable, others don't, so when there's an IMPORTANT game on, folks come to our house! Some came from as far as Puebla - they were actually coming for a good-bye party we were holding for Yinglings and Beverly Kendal, but decided to come early and catch the game of the year! Mexico versus South Africa! How much more important can that get??



Sara, Debbie, Matthew, Caleb, Josiah, Sandy crowded around the TV



Go Mexico! There was a lot of noisy shouting around the TV that evening - and I'm sure not just at my house!


But then there were the "not so interested" ones, who went upstairs to play video games! There was a lot of noise there too. It must have been exciting!

For all but Dayton - he was busy on other pursuits!






One day we were at the Comer (Comercial Mexicana, one of our grocery stores) and saw this tray with tiny cokes! Couldn't resist! Especially since Cameron was "encouraging" me to buy it! He and Dayton have gladly helped me drink up the coke and I've already used the tray for snacks!



2 comments:

Alan & Beth McManus said...

O man! You're not only giving them ice cream everyday . . . you're also letting them have all the coke they want? They are so going to go through withdrawals when we get home! =)

Beth Hanna said...

Gotta give you SOMETHING to do when you get home!! And besides, they're LITTLE cokes, you know, the baby ones! There are still three in the frig - I hid them behind other stuff!