Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Did Exactly What You Told Me To



I love funny poetry! As I'm sure you've figured out! On the internet I found Gloson, who is an 11 year old "funny poet" (his words) who lives in Malaysia. His poems are great! Here's one:

I Did Exactly What You Told Me To
By Gloson

My mom went to the shopping mall
to buy a brand new bed.
Before she went, she told me something.
This is what she said:

"Wash the clothes!
Fry potatoes!
Finish homework!
Boil tomatoes!

"Wash your face!
Dust the doors!
Comb your hair!
Clear the drawers!

"Wipe the windows!
Chop the wood!
Mow the grass!
Eat your food!

"Rake the leaves!
Fold the clothes!
Feed our doggies!
Shoo the crows!

"Brew the Chinese
herbal tea.
Then you're free to
watch TV!

"Please do exactly what I've said.
Please do what you have heard!"
My mother then went to the mall.
I did her every word.

Fried the clothes,
washed potatoes.
Boiled homework,
finished tomatoes.

Dusted my face,
washed the doors.
Cleared my hair,
combed the drawers.

Chopped the windows,
wiped the wood.
Ate the grass,
mowed my food.

Folded leaves,
raked the clothes.
Shooed the doggies,
fed the crows.

Watched the Chinese
herbal tea.
Then I brewed our
huge TV.

Finally, I've done the chores!
I then relaxed with glee.
I can't wait for her to come home.
She'll be so proud of me.

1 comment:

Kris Livovich said...

Hoo boy! Sounds like my kids doing chores!