Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I SHALL NOT MIND

I almost forgot it was Wednesday (it's been a BUSY, BUSY 9 days with a team of 13 teens and 4 adults here!! More about that later.) until I checked Kris' blog and found a poem, just right for me! And now I found another one I'll share with you:

I SHALL NOT MIND
By Author Unknown

I shall not mind
The whiteness of my hair
Or that slow steps falter
On the stair,
Or what strange image
Greets me in the glass
If I can feel,
As roots feel in the sod,
That I am growing old to bloom
Before the face of God.

2 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

If I can feel that way, I will not mind either.

anna j said...

"Before the face of God" . . .
would that God's beautiful face were always the image I aimed to please.
Thank you for sharing this blessed thought :-)