Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Reading, reading, reading


Now that my team from Traverse City is back home, I have a little more time to read. In fact, while they were here, I didn´t have a minute to even breathe! Not that I´m complaining! They were great! So, now that I have time to breathe - and read - I've enjoyed some books!

First was El Bargueño, by Keila Ochoa Harris, a book about broken dreams and how the "bargueño", a small beautifully carved box, brought people together from different centuries! Fascinating! I plan to read more of Keila´s books!




Next, I found a wonderful little book that described what Tamar´s life might have been like. Remember Tamar? Check out Genesis!



Then I spent some suspenseful hours with the "queen of suspense", Mary Higgins Clark, reading TWO of her books! Kept me guessing and lovin´ every minute of it!





2 comments:

Kris Livovich said...

Wait, did you read those all in one afternoon? So that's who I got my love of reading from!

Beth Hanna said...

Of course . . . . . . . NOT! I've been working on El Barqueño for a couple weeks, but the other three basically one a day!! 'Course I don't have four little guys running around to keep me busy!! I just work obscene hours for Obrerofiel, then when I'm home, FORGET work!!